There’s a hidden gem waiting for active seniors at St. Joseph’s John Knox Village Tampa Bay, located on E. Fletcher Ave. in Tampa near the University of South Florida.
Residents will find more choices than expected when they become part of this 14-acre retirement community, starting with options for custom carpeting and paint, a fully equipped kitchen, window treatments, optional patios and additional upgrades in their living space.
The community amenities also include the security of a gated community, bi-monthly housekeeping services, weekly flat linen laundry service, a discretionary dollar meal allowance, pharmacy delivery and scheduled transportation services.
John Knox residents also enjoy access to two restaurant-style dining rooms, private dining rooms, 11 laundry facilities, two grocery/convenience stores, a beauty/barber shop, an on-site branch bank and a gift boutique.
“We want our residents to have every benefit they’d have in their own homes or out in the community at large – and sometimes even more!” said Michele Capurso, director of assisted living at John Knox Village.
Fitness & Fun
Residents looking for fitness and fun will find a plethora of options, from a screened and heated Olympic–length swimming pool, a hot tub and a fully equipped fitness room to aerobics and Wii fitness challenges.
And if that’s not enough, residents can spend time in the theater, computer lab or dance studio, or out on the shuffleboard courts and putting green.
Individualized Health Options
Because John Knox Village provides a continuum of care for its residents throughout their sunset years, there are ample health care options available for those who need extra care.
The John Knox Village philosophy on health is simple:
- Only charge for healthcare services residents use based on a fee-for-service basis.
- Provide exceptional medical care on site via a high tech medical center.
- Offer additional care through St. Joseph’s Health Care alliance and BayCare Health System.
- Surround residents with near-by specialized care providers, including the VA Hospital and Moffitt Cancer Center.
St. Joseph’s John Knox upholds a mission that touches every facet of its senior retirement community:
- To be guided by compassion and respect for all.
- To honor our lifetime commitment to residents by practicing sound financial management.
- To provide our employees with equal opportunities for employment, development and advancement in an ethical, team-focused workplace.
- To serve the community in which we live, through civic involvement and volunteerism.
For more information or to schedule a lunch or guided tour, call (813) 977-6361 or visit www.stjosephsjohnknox.org.
Sidebar box on dementia unit
In the Spring of 2012, John Knox Village opened its new Dementia/Alzheimer’s unit, featuring three levels of care to fit varied needs of present and future residents. The new units, called New Beginnings, The Vineyards and the Cares Unit, all feature individualized care along with appropriate floor plans and activities to fit different stages of dementia.